Fireworks in South Billings
A South Billings garage wasn’t under attack on Tuesday, but it may have sounded like it. Flames broke out in the garage at 41 Monroe Street after a battery ignited gasoline fumes on the floor, according to the Billings Fire Department.
An investigation determined that the fire was accidental. The explosions of ammunition and fireworks in the building were enough to keep firefighters at a distance.
The initial blast was reportedly loud enough to be mistaken for something other than ammunition.