Drain Cleaning and Clog Repair
Drains are a vital part of any plumbing system and can be found outside as well as inside of any home or commercial property. The plumbing system cannot function without a properly working draining system; a clog or other drain malfunction can cause both damage to your property as well as some health risks.
Through regular use it is not uncommon for a drain to become clogged or blocked. Over time the build-up of food, hair, grease, soap, and other residue will slowly restrict the water flow through the pipe and eventually block the drain. A clogged drain is easy to spot as the water will either drain slowly or not at all.
Drains at your home or business that could eventually develop a clog include:
• Kitchen: Fats and detergents are rinsed down the sink in a liquid state and eventually congeal inside of the drain. When this happens, the solidified residue begins to catch particles of anything else that is rinsed down the drain until eventually a clog forms
• Shower and bathtub: Typically, these drains become clogged because of mass amounts of hair being rinsed down the drain. A shower drain usually has a bend in it and as the hair washes through the bend it gets stuck. As soap and shaving cream are rinsed down the drain they collect on the strands of hair and a clog develops
• Bathroom sink: Soap, toothpaste, shaving cream, and other health and beauty products are rinsed down the sink several times per day. Over time residue from these products solidify in the drain and a clog forms.
• Toilets: While not thought of as a typical drain, the toilet can get clogged the same way as any other drain. Usually because of mass amounts of toilet paper, but sometimes because a foreign object or non-flushable paper product was flushed
• Downspout drains: These drains are outside of your home or office and are designed to divert water away from the building during times of heavy rain or snow melt. If downspout drains are not properly maintained they can easily develop clogs due to leaves, twigs, and other debris