Billings House Fire
A house fire in Billings early this morning caused extensive damage to the home, but no injuries were reported. Just after midnight, Billings Fire Department responded to the report of a fire at a residence on the 400 block of 11th Street West.
The home was not occupied when the fire started and the blaze caused no injuries, according to a news release from Deputy Fire Marshal Jaime Fender. The release said the fire was accidental and stemmed from a ceiling fan. Smoke and flames caused about $40,000 in damage to the home’s attic area. The residence and its contents were insured.