Roundup Memorial Healthcare Health Fair
- Roundup City Park
- Roundup , MT 59072 United States
Roundup, Montana – Please join Roundup Memorial Healthcare at their community health fair on Saturday, August 11, 2018. There will be fun for all ages! The health fair will take place in the Roundup City Park with vendors from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Vendors include a kid’s teddy bear clinic, car seat checks, Frontier Cancer Center, Roundup Ambulance, DES, Musselshell County Sheriff, VA bus, mobile mammography and so many more! St. Vincent Healthcare Help Flight will be landing on site at 10:30 am.
There will be a 5K Fun Run/Walk or a 1 mile walk starting at 9:00 am. Registration available on iamathlete.com and at the hospital or ER front desks.
A sand volleyball tournament ($40/team) will begin at 10:00 A.M. The top two winning volleyball teams will receive a cash prize (75% payout for 1st place and 25% payout for 2nd place). Contact Michelle Martin at Roundup Memorial Healthcare (406-323-4906) to register for the volleyball tournament.
There will also be a FREE Customer Appreciation Picnic for lunch and FREE blood draws for lab tests (cholesterol, glucose, and A1C) from 10 am to 1 pm.
All that attend the health fair will have a chance to win a variety of prizes, including a fit bit, adult and kids mountain bike, numerous gift baskets and many more. However, you must be present at time of drawing to win. Please contact Katie Shero at Roundup Memorial Healthcare (406-323-4930) for more information or check our facebook page at www.facebook.com/roundupmemorial.
Just a few details about the FREE HEALTH FAIR SCREENING TESTS
Roundup, Montana – Roundup Memorial Healthcare will sponsor a Health Fair on August 11, 2018 at Roundup City Park. Free laboratory screening tests will be offered at the Health Fair from 10am till 1pm. A significant feature of this year’s laboratory screening test menu is providing glycohemoglobin (Hemoglobin A1c) FREE OF CHARGE. Most Health Fairs nationwide apply fees for glycohemoglobin testing because of its “higher-than-average” test cost!
Screening tests provided at the Health Fair will be: Total Cholesterol, Glucose and Glycohemoglobin. The Glycohemoglobin test does not require an individual to fast prior to specimen collection.
For the total cholesterol test and glucose test, although an 8 hour fast may be ideal, useful information may still be obtained from blood collections performed in the “non-fasting” state.
Brief overview of Screening Tests:
- Glycohemoglobin (Hemoglobin A1c Test): This test can be used to diagnose prediabetes or diabetes. Additionally, the Glycohemoglobin level checks the long-term control (app. 3 month span) for those individuals with diabetes. It will indicate how well one’s diabetes has been controlled and whether your diabetes treatment plan needs to be modified. Glycohemoglobin test result is not impacted by any recent changes in diet, exercise or medicine.
- Glucose Test: This test is used (in combination with the Glycohemoglobin test) to screen for diabetes and prediabetes. The glucose screening test checks to determine if your blood glucose is within a healthy range and will monitor for instances of elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia) and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
- Total Cholesterol Test: The total cholesterol test may be used as a screening tool to aid in the prediction of an individual’s risk of developing heart disease. High blood cholesterol has been associated with hardening of the arteries, heart disease and increased risk of death from heart attacks.
In addition, Roundup Memorial Healthcare in partnership with Billings Clinic will be offering the below tests for a nominal fee. These prices only reflect the cost of the supplies needed to perform the test. There is no service or processing charge associated with these tests. Cash or check only please.
- Folate + Vitamin B12 - $20 (regularly $190) Folate is the vitamin in your body that helps suppo0rt your reproductive and cardiovascular systems, brain and more. Vitamin B12 is required for forming red blood cells and neurological function.
- Vitamin D - $25 (regularly $183) Vitamin in your body that promotes calcium absorption in the gut and maintains proper calcium and phosphate levels needed for one health.
Hepatitis C - $14.25 (regularly $94) test checks for the presence of the Hep C antibodies in your system. Recommended for those born between 1945 and 1965.